The Double Deuce Squadron (22 Squadron Royal Flying Corps, British Military) was a squad of biplane pilots and their soldier servants. They fought for the United Kingdom during World War I. Captain Reggie Thistleton was in charge of the unit and under his lead he started a tontine. The tontine started out at just over 1,200 pounds, but over the course of many decades, it increased to just over $1 million dollars.
When Captain Thistleton was shot down while flying his biplane by three enemy pilots, the crash didn't kill him, but he landed in No Man's Land. Despite this fact, Lieutenant Stripes became the acting captain. He chose not to send anyone after him, but Woodhouse went anyway. Reggie died in Woodhouse's arms when a sniper shot him through his neck.
Members[edit | edit source]
- Captain Reggie Thistleton (killed by a sniper)
- Lance Corporal Woodhouse
- Lieutenant Stripes (kicked off a patio by Archer)
- Corporal Bishop
- Aldous Wensleydale (died in his sleep at pensioners' home)
- Augustus Stilton (died, auto-erotic asphyxiation accident)
- Edwin Gloucester (died, fell off his roof)
- Foxley (died during World War I, shot down)
- Nigel Buxton (died in his sleep at pensioners' home)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many of the members appear to be named after English cheeses: Stinking Bishop, Wensleydale, Stilton, Gloucester and Buxton Blue.
Gallery of Images[edit | edit source]
There are 5 images of The Double Deuce Squadron on this Wiki, visit the The Double Deuce Squadron gallery to view all the images and screenshots. Here is a sample of three images from the gallery: