The season is set in 1938, just as Japan's war with China enters its second year and Germany has just annexed Austria and taken Czechoslovakia.
“In the middle of this, seaplane pilot and semi-functioning alcoholic Sterling Archer is drinking, screwing, gambling, and generally bumbling around French Polynesia with a smart-ass parrot named Crackers,” executive producer Matt Thompson explained at the Archer panel. “Welcome to Danger Island.”
Aisha Tyler's new role will be as Princess Lanaluakalani. Jessica Walter will still play Sterling's mom Malory Archer - this time, a bar owner - and H. Jon Benjamin will also play Archer as we currently know him, “except that he’s got an eye patch and he’s a sea pilot.” Pam will be Archer's “loyal sidekick and co-pilot", Judy Greer is heiress Charlotte, who initially arrived on the island to celebrate her honeymoon, but “her new husband caught her in bed with Archer and took off.” Chris Parnell will be adopting the German accent this time around to play a Nazi intelligence officer pretending to be a breadfruit exporter, and, hilariously, Lucky Yates will be the voice of Crackers the parrot.
“Last season, we loved it, but things got pretty dark, pretty fast,” said Thompson. “And [Archer creator] Adam Reed had talked about just doing something that’s fun and just having a blast with this season. So we basically stuck all these people on this tiny volcanic island, and we’re just going to have as much as fun as we can, with quicksand, cannibals, super-intelligent monkeys, and a volcano, and a talking f**king parrot.”
List of Episodes
|( v ) Screenshot||Episode Title||Original
|Production Code||Season Ep. #||Overall Ep. #|
|"Strange Pilot"||April 25, 2018||XAR09001||1||94|
|Archer inserts himself into a domestic dispute and engine troubles threaten to ruin his business.|
|"Disheartening Situation"||May 02, 2018||XAR09002||2||95|
|Archer estimates his impact on the world while Pam samples the local nightlife.|
|"Different Modes Of Preparing The Fruit"||May 09, 2018||XAR09003||3||96|
|Archer, Pam, and Crackers try to find the missing key to their latest get-rich-quick scheme.|
|"A Warrior In Costume"||May 16, 2018||XAR09004||4||97|
|Archer keeps an eye out for a past nemesis.|
|"Strange Doings In The Taboo Groves"||May 23, 2018||XAR09005||5||98|
|The race for the idol is joined by Malory and Charlotte whilst Archer and Pam become trapped and discover Archer´s opinion on Pam.|
|"Some Remarks On Cannibalism"||May 30, 2018||XAR09006||6||99|
|As the search continues, Archer and Pam are captured by the locals. Lanaluakalani runs into Malory and Charlotte.|
|"Comparative Wickedness of Civilized and Unenlightened Peoples"||June 06, 2018||XAR09007||7||100|
|Archer and Pam teamup with the locals to take down a platoon of storm troopers and Fuchs.|
|"A Discovery"||June 13, 2018||XAR09008||8||101|
|Archer and company brave the temples danger, but they arent the only ones with their eyes on the prize.|
- Starring ( Edit )
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer / Sterling ( Dream Persona ) (8/8 episodes)
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt / Charlotte Stratton ( Dream Persona ) (8/8 episodes)
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey / Pam Poovey ( Dream Persona ) (8/8 episodes)
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis / Siegbert Fuchs ( Dream Persona ) (8/8 episodes)
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane / Princess Lanaluakalani ( Dream Persona ) (8/8 episodes)
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger / Crackers ( Dream Persona ) (8/8 episodes)
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer / Malory Archer ( Dream Persona ) (8/8 episodes)
- Guest Starring:
- Jon Daly as Whitney Stratton IV (1/8 episodes)
- Co Starring:
- Season 9 was ordered along with Season 8 and Season 10 in 2016.
- Season 9: Danger Island is the second season to take place fully in Archer's head as a "coma dream".
- The first season to be a coma dream was Season 8: Archer Dreamland.
- Season 9 is the third season to be a subtitled Themed Season
- Danger Island is a possible reference to the Hanna-Barbera live-action adventure serial Danger Island (1968-69).
- The visual style of Danger Island bears a strong resemblance to the short-lived 1982 ABC series Tales of the Gold Monkey.
- The opening title sequence has once again been changed to reflect Season 9's overall tropical island theme.
- The Opening Theme Music has once again been altered. It has been given more of a tropical sound to match the theme of this season.
- The Morse Code Cyril (Fuchs) writes in the title sequence translates to 934TXS.
- For Dialogue Translations, Fictional Product Placement and Techniques, see Season 9/Enhanced.
- Some of the German officers are wearing the Iron Cross, a German military award originating in Prussia. The Iron cross worn is the WWII version (based on the colour red in the ribbon), which was notably introduced on September 1st 1939, a year after the season is set.
- Archer : Season 9 on Wikipedia
- Archer: Season 9 on Imdb
- Archer : Season 9 on Rotten Tomatoes
- Archer : Season 9 on Metacritic
- Archer : Season 9 - Season Viewer Ratings on tvseriesfinale.com