Season 8 of Archer revolves around a comatose Sterling Archer in a dream as a hard-boiled private eye and his quest to find his partner’s killer in 1947 Los Angeles. The case proves to be more difficult than expected after Archer quickly gets mixed up in a deadly game of tug of war between Los Angeles' most powerful crime bosses. Every clue leads Archer further away from his goal and deeper into a mystery involving kidnapping, prostitution and drug addiction.
Show producers Adam Reed and Matt Thompson say Archer will meet alter-ego versions of the Archer characters you know and love over the course of the Dreamland season.
List of Episodes
|( v ) Screenshot||Episode Title||Original
|Production Code||Season Ep. #||Overall Ep. #|
|"No Good Deed"||April 05, 2017||XAR08001||1||86|
|Archer tries to find the murderer of his partner Woodhouse, but accidentally gets in bed with Mother, a notorious L.A. crime boss.|
|"Berenice"||April 12, 2017||XAR08002||2||87|
|A mysterious woman hires Archer to fake her own death, but Sterling is unable to rise to the occasion.|
|"Jane Doe"||April 19, 2017||XAR08003||3||88|
|Archer tries to escape from jail with the help of a crazed heiress and a dysfunctional jazz quartet.|
|"Ladyfingers"||April 26, 2017||XAR08004||4||89|
|While investigating a kidnapping, Archer reveals too much about Figgis, and Krieger reveals too much about his past.|
|"Sleepers Wake"||May 03, 2017||XAR08005||5||90|
|Dutch (Barry) becomes a new man while Archer's ransom exchange goes up in smoke.|
|"Waxing Gibbous"||May 10, 2017||XAR08006||6||91|
|All roads lead to Len Trexler as Archer and the gang try to avoid unfriendly ghosts.|
|"Gramercy, Halberd!"||May 17, 2017||XAR08007||7||92|
|Archer and Trexler try to escape a rampaging Dutch by telling the world's worst knock-knock joke.|
|"Auflösung"||May 24, 2017||XAR08008||8||93|
|Archer visits Dreamland and receives a big break that leads him to Woodhouse's killer.|
- Psychology of Dreams - the Psychoanalytic Schools of Sigmund Freud / Carl Jung
- Art history
- Season 8 is the second season to be a Themed Season and the second to have a season sub-title: "Dreamland".
- The first being Season 5: Archer Vice.
- Season 8 is the first season to be aired on FXX.
- Season 8 is the first season to have its episode number limited to 8.
- Show creator Adam Reed has stated that season 8 is the darkest season in the series.
- Archer was renewed for Season 8 through 10.
- The opening title sequence has once again undergone many image changes to reflect Season 8's overall 1940's film noir, art deco theme. However, a few Los Angeles landmarks still remain from Season 7.
- Season 8 marks the first time the Opening Theme Music has been altered. It has been given more of a Jazz sound to match the theme of this season.
- The interactive mobile game, Archer, P.I. is designed to be played along with season 8 with each level of the game corresponding to a single episode as the season progresses.
- Season 8 is the first season to feature Barry Dylan (as Dutch Dylan) in every episode, making him a main character.
- Season 8 was originally planned to be the final season of Archer until Adam Reed had a “brain explosion” that led him to believe that he could maintain interest for two more seasons. 
- Archer : Season 8 on Wikipedia
- Archer: Season 8 on Imdb
- Archer : Season 8 on Rotten Tomatoes
- Archer : Season 8 on Metacritic
- Archer : Season 8 - Season Viewer Ratings on tvseriesfinale.com