|Original Air Date||September 30, 2020|
|Written by||Matt Roller|
|Animation Directed by||Matt Thompson|
|U.S. Viewership (Millions)||TBA|
Robot Factory is the 4th episode of the eleventh season of Archer, being the one-hundred and fourteenth episode overall.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
While Archer was comatose, Barry did a lot of introspection and is now a much better-adjusted indestructible killing machine who is a valued member of the team and isn’t as prone to the double-cross that Archer insists is about to happen. New, Better Barry accompanies Archer, Lana, and Cyril on a mission to shut down a Russian bot factory using Barry’s schematics to pump out more versions of various types, most of which constitute a joke.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Archer and the gang team up with Barry to stop an army of Barrys from turning the world into Barrys.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Cultural References[edit | edit source]
- Julian Carlton: The story of Cheryl's childhood horse butler burning down her summer mansion and killing her cousins with a hatchet mirrors Julian Carlton's 1914 destruction of Taliesin, the estate of architect Frank Lloyd Wright. After being informed he would be fired as the estate's chef, Carlton murdered Wright's mistress Mamah Borthwick and her children with a hatchet, before burning down the house in an attempt to kill the other employees.
- Reference to the movie Terminator 2: Judgement Day when you see half of Barry's face blown off revealing part of his endoskeleton like Arnold.
- Reference to the movie The Shining (1980) with two Barry bots looking like the twin girls from that movie.
- Reference to the movie Saturday Night Fever (1977) when you see one of the Barry bots wearing the same suit that John Travolta wears in that movie.
Running Gags / Callbacks[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first time Barry did not end up double crossing or pulling a gun on Archer or the agency Archer works for
- It was indeed Lana in this episode that was the would-be double crosser instead of Barry
- The song Barry sings to Archer while he is in his coma is called Las Mañanitas . It is a traditional Mexican birthday song at birthday parties, usually early in the morning to awaken the birthday person.
- Cheryl reveals she abused her servants and one killed some of her cousins.
- Pam reveals the reason Woodhouse stuck around, was due to loving Archer.
- While Cyril is tying up the guards, Archer calls him Irving Klaw. Klaw was a photographer and early seller of bondage photography, often focused on his most famous model Bettie Page.