|Robert De Niro|
|Season No.||Season 10|
|Original Air Date||July 31, 2019|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
When a trial turns into a party, it can only mean that Barry-6 has returned.
Archer finds himself in a courtroom facing charges of assaulting Lana with Cheryl’s magazine, Ray is the judge, Cheryl the stenographer and Cyril is Lana’s attorney. When Cheryl asks why they have a huge dedicated courtroom, even though she has to ‘basically sleep in a coffin’. The crew agrees it could be either 2.5 squash courts or a holodeck, even though they do have one, but never use it. Archer, being defended by imaginary TV’s Michael Gray, does not recognize the authority of the court, since it’s presided over by a male prostitute. Ray clarifies he’s a courtesan, although he used to be a federation high court justice for 16 years. Archer further claims that the whole trial is a sham so Lana can steal his half of the space ship. When he asks Michael Gray to cross examine Lana, Michael replies that there is something wrong with his brain and he should plead not guilty by reason of insanity and also face the fact he is hallucinating him (Michael). Archer states he does not want to be represented by him anymore, and everyone is fine with him not having an imaginary lawyer. When Archer is about to then question Lana, he quickly pictures real-life Lana in her regular outfit. Malory is then called for questioning and has the exact appearance as Marlene Dietrich in ‘Witness for the Prosecution’, which Archer points out. He then pictures Michael Gray wearing the same outfit, just to find regular space Malory standing next to him. He then shortly imagines regular Pam in her regular orange top and beige skirt and her necklace – and Michael Gray wearing the same outfit.
He is about to lose his mind when there is a proximity alert. Krieger should be on the bridge, but he’s too busy painting the courtroom scene. Everyone is impressed by his skilful artwork, even though the thinks it may be derivative. The crew realizes they have a boarding party. As they cut their way through the gates, Cyril wants to abandon ship, but Lana hinders him. Archer, handcuffed to a hand bar insists they let him go, to which everyone except for Lana agrees. She reminds everybody he’s sexually assaulted her with a rolled up magazine, which Cheryl is still mourning as she’s carrying it around. Archer apologizes for his behaviour and promises Lana can punish him afterwards, but now he needs to do some swash buckling. As Barry-6 and his space men infiltrate the ship, the crew grabs all the arms. Archer tells them to lure Barry-6 into the holodeck, as Krieger is trying to take them out with the centriguns, firing all the ammo in one go, only to see his tactic backfire (no pun intended), as Barry-6 and his space men are actually right behind the centriguns, so not in the line of fire. Malory turns into her plasma form to lure Barry-6 into the holodeck. One of his men warns him it may be a ruse, which Barry-6 refuses to believe. Meanwhile the rest of the crew arrive at the holodeck. Archer turns on the hologram and the room turns into a Western-style saloon with Michael Gray playing the piano. Malory makes it into the saloon, having a quick drink as the rest of the crew are hiding behind the bar. As the invaders enter the saloon Cyril once again suppresses fire and actually manages to kill every single one of Barry-6’s men, which enrages Archer, as he wanted to be the hero, not Cyril, who quickly turns into his original sweater vest like appearance. Barry-6 proposes Archer can be the hero in a one-on-one battle. He then activates the self-destruct system, setting the timer for 2 minutes. He could hack the system, as the password was ‘GUEST’. As everybody is about to storm off to the escape pod, Barry-6 morphs into his human form, wearing his red track suit. Everybody else take their regular original appearance. Archer tells them to get away, but he has to stay there for a while. Lana drags Malory out, who refuses to leave Archer alone and they run to the escape pod. Barry explains that he is ready to die himself just to kill Archer, because a long time ago Archer had anal sex with his fiancé Framboise (whose name or appearance Archer can’t remember). As the crew flies off on the escape pod Barry and Archer fight in the saloon. Archer, leaning on the ground is laughing, stating that they are safe. Barry asks whether they are really safe, to which Archer says ‘yes’. Barry tells him that now he gets to be the big man, to which Archer replies that he’s huge. According to Barry, that is not what Framboise said. Archer swears he had something for this, but in that moment the space ship explodes.
This scene is followed by a flashback containing many scenes from previous seasons and climax into Archer awakening from his coma in the hospital. When Malory sees that, she breaks another glass. A nurse named Gladys comes into the room, also to find Sterling awake. When asking why he’s in a hospital, Malory tells him he’s been shot by a crazy woman. She then pours him a drink, claiming he’s gonna need it, after all he’s been there for 3 years. Gladys wants to call a doctor, but Malory sees no point in calling him on a Sunday at midnight, plus it might upset his mistress. Archer asks why Malory is there on a Sunday at midnight, to which Gladys replies that she’s always there. Archer realizes Malory has her own sofa and bed in his room, because she wanted to be there when he wakes up. Gladys leaves them alone. Archer asks about Lana, but Malory says it’s a topic for another time. With tears in her eyes, she says the important thing is that he’s back and they are together, after all, the real story has always been about him and Malory, which, when you think about it, in its heart, has always been a love story.
- Starring (Edit)
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer / Archer MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt / Cheryl MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey / Pam MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis / Cyril MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger / Krieger MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer / Malory MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Guest Starring:
- Co Starring:
- Reference Link (date): description
. . . And justice for all (film) 1979: In the courtroom scene, Archer's rant of "You're out of order. You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order!" is the same as one given by Al Pacino playing a defense attorney in the film.
Westworld (TV Series): When Archer changes the holodeck from the courtroom to an old west saloon, it is exactly the same as in the TV series, complete with, as he says, "old time prostitutes upstairs."
Running Gags / CallbacksEdit
- Reality (Non-Dream): Archer remains in a coma brought upon by the events of Deadly Velvet: Part II] (s7e10)
- Dream / Reality Crossover:
- (Dream) ... / (Reality) ...
- Dream (Non-Reality):
- Archer finally wakes up from the coma he fell into since Season 8. It's revealed that he has been comatose for three years.
- Eddie Waitkus: Malory explains to Archer, that he has been shot by a crazy woman, to which Archer replies with: "Just like Eddie Waitkus". Eddie Waitkus was a Lithuanian American baseball player, who was shot by Ruth Ann Steinhagen, an obsessed stalker in June 1949. It is one of the earliest recognized cases of criminal stalking.
- Malory breaks the fourth wall when she states in the final scene that the real story has always been about Sterling and her.
- extra details, joke techniques, themes ideas will link to another set of pages
- (Escape pod launching, 15 seconds before explosion)
- Archer (laughing): "Haha, yes, they're safe, Barry!"
- Barry: "Are they?"
- Archer: "What?"
- Barry: "Are they safe?"
- Archer (determined): "Yes."
- Barry: "So you're the big man, huh?"
- Archer: "Yes, Barry! I am! I'm huge!"
- Barry: "Not what Framboise said."
- Archer: "Oh really? Because... shhhhit, I had something for..."
- (MV Seamus explodes, Archer waking up from his coma)
- Archer (gasping): "Goddamn Barry!"
- (Final Scene)
- Archer: "For three years?"
- Malory: "I wanted to be here when you woke up."
- Archer: "Okay so, like wha.. what about Lana?"
- Malory: "Lana?"
- Archer: "And wait, do I have a kid?"
- Malory: "There is plenty of time to talk about all of that.The important thing is that you're back, and we're together."
- Archer: "Oh, okay."
- Malory: "After all, the real story has always been about you and me."
- Archer: "What are you..."
- Malory: "...which, when you think about it, at its heart, it's really a love story."
- Archer: "Please mother, don't say that..."
- Malory (with tears in her eyes): "It's true."
- Archer: "Eugh."