- Ambiguously masculine
- Stocky build
- Short, blond hair
- Wears a trilby, waist coat and long overcoat
- Good-natured / "good cop"
- Dim witted
As a police lieutenant, Poovey gets on well with private eye Archer, but not especially well with her partner, Figgis. She helped Archer rescue the whores which mobster Len Trexler's was smuggling into the country and for which Figgis had been paid off to allow in. Being of good character, she helps them to hide out at her apartment, on condition that they cook and clean for her. Having shot three of Trexler's goons she is deeply involved in Trexler's subsequent manhunt - in more ways than one: along with Figgis, she is ironically compelled by Trexler to hunt for herself and Archer.
- Lemon Pledge (1958): A well known cleaning brand.
- Orange Chicken: A variation of General Tso's chicken, this Chinese dish popular in North American Chinese restaurants, but rarely found in China.
- Trexler: "I do not want the money - that is why I exchanged the money for goods and/or services. Which is the core concept of economics."
- Poovey: "Isn't it sugar?... Or like, scarcity. Of sugar."
- Figgis: "I don't even know where to think about thinking to start looking..."
- [cuts to Poovey's apartment earlier that day]
- Poovey: "OK! OK! OK! Goddammit! OK. I gotta go to work - but I'll be back tonight and when get back I wouldn't mind if the place smelled like Lemon Pledge and Orange Chicken."
- [back to the car]
- Poovey: "Mmmmaybe China Town?"
- Figgis: "Oh yeah! Hey and while we're at it, why not regular China."
- Poovey: "Or maybe Sarcastic Island off the coast of Thatwasuncalledfor."
- Figgis: "Will you shut up?!"
- Poovey: "Gladly."
Gallery of ImagesEdit