|First appearance||"Archer Dreamland: No Good Deed"|
|Voiced by||Amber Nash|
|Skills||Hand-to-hand combat; Police Investigation|
- Ambiguously masculine
- Stocky build
- Short, blond hair
- Wears a trilby, waist coat and long overcoat
- Good-natured / "good cop"
- Dim witted
As a police lieutenant, Poovey gets on well with private eye Archer, but not especially well with their partner, Figgis. They helped Archer rescue the whores which the mobster, Len Trexler, was smuggling into the country and for which Figgis had been paid off to allow in. Being of good character, they help the whores hide out at their apartment, on condition that the whores cook and clean for them. Having shot three of Trexler's goons they are deeply involved in Trexler's subsequent manhunt - in more ways than one: along with Figgis, they are ironically compelled by Trexler to hunt for themself and Archer.
- Lemon Pledge (1958): A well known cleaning brand.
- Orange Chicken: A variation of General Tso's chicken, this Chinese dish popular in North American Chinese restaurants, but rarely found in China.
- Trexler: "I do not want the money - that is why I exchanged the money for goods and/or services. Which is the core concept of economics."
- Poovey: "Isn't it sugar?... Or like, scarcity. Of sugar."
- Figgis: "I don't even know where to think about thinking to start looking..."
- [cuts to Poovey's apartment earlier that day]
- Poovey: "OK! OK! OK! Goddammit! OK. I gotta go to work - but I'll be back tonight and when get back I wouldn't mind if the place smelled like Lemon Pledge and Orange Chicken."
- [back to the car]
- Poovey: "Mmmmaybe China Town?"
- Figgis: "Oh yeah! Hey and while we're at it, why not regular China."
- Poovey: "Or maybe Sarcastic Island off the coast of Thatwasuncalledfor."
- Figgis: "Will you shut up?!"
- Poovey: "Gladly."
Gallery of ImagesEdittba