|First appearance||"Mole Hunt"|
|Voiced by||Amber Nash|
|Height||5'7" (1.70 m)|
|Weight||250 lbs. (113 kg) (according to her ID)|
Spamela (called by her sister Edie)
English (native), Japanese (conversant)Italian (conversant)
|Occupation||ISIS H.R. director, field agent, police officer(season 8)|
|Skills||Fighting, farming, human resources, arts & crafts, puppetry, drift car racing, linguistics|
Edie Poovey (Sister)|
Mr. Poovey (Father)
Mrs. Poovey (Mother, Deceased)
|Pam's Gossip Train on Facebook|
|@pamsgossiptrain on Twitter|
- "Holy shit snacks!"
- —Pam's catchphrase
Pamela Poovey, nicknamed Pam, (voiced by Amber Nash) is one of the main characters, who was the former Human Resources (H.R.) Director at ISIS. She frequently came across personal information about the other employees that she exposed on her blog or through gossip. Pam sometimes used a dolphin hand puppet to encourage communication during H.R. mediations. She was later beaten with that puppet by Sterling Archer.
Pam has demonstrated herself, on multiple occasions, to be extremely combat-effective, especially in subduing and incapacitating her enemies--despite a total lack of any formal close-quarter hand-to-hand combat training. In the episode 'Un Chien Tangerine' she scored perfect in the IFAAB (ISIS Field Agent Aptitude Battery), which is an exam aspiring field agents have to pass to be put on active duty in the field. Converse to Malory's disbelief, her IFAAB score was subsequently bolstered by a video showing Pam ruthlessly subduing Ray Gillette, Cyril Figgis and Algernop Krieger - simultaneously. However, according to Malory, a perfect score on the IFAAB merely indicates that one is a candidate for field agent status. Following Pam's pleading, Malory Archer stated that she would make a decision in her deliberation, but never did explicitly. However, Malory did send Pam on missions in later episodes.
Along with the other members of ISIS, Pam was uprooted after a raid on the agency by the FBI. Soon after, they became drug dealers, which resulted in Pam developing a cocaine addiction after merely two days in the new business.
Pam grew up on her family's dairy--Poovey Farms--in rural Brown County Wisconsin, where she helped raise Holstein cows and produce dairy products such as milk and cheese. For much of her childhood she was constantly teased, bullied and humiliated by Edie Poovey (Pam's sister). For example, Edie and her friend gave a blowjob to a boy they knew Pam liked and, on another occasion, Edie had calf's blood dumped on Pam during prom. It has also been suggested that Pam may have had bad relationships with other members of her family and hometown. According to Edie, their father had said Pam "would never find a husband unless she could convince a blind man she was a seeing-eye pig" and that the whole town thinks badly of Pam for having moved to New York City.
Pam is overall an extremely tough person; in addition to growing up on a farm and dealing with difficult family relationships, she also paid for college by participating in an underground fighting ring where she may have accidentally killed several people. In several episodes, Pam demonstrates her strength and ability to endure intense physical and mental hardship and pain. In one such instance, when she is kidnapped and severely beaten by a group of masked men, she continually taunts them for being weak (e.g., "Who taught you how to punch? Your husband?"). After ISIS agents dispatch most of the kidnappers, Pam unexpectedly kills the last surviving kidnapper by snapping his neck, and, afterwards, may have beaten Ms. Archer for offering a measly $5,000 for Pam's ransom. Although capable of and even adept at violence, Pam is usually laid-back and not easily provoked.
Pam also has a high tolerance for drugs and alcohol, both of which she uses often. Upon her return from Jamaica in Season 2: A Going Concern, Pam is seen chain-smoking large joints throughout the episode and labelling as racists all those who refuse to partake. Her penchant for marijuana reoccurs when Malory asks her to send out a memo regarding an upcoming employee drug test in El Contador: Pam is getting high when Malory phones her, so Pam hides her exhale by coughing. Luckily for her, Malory thinks she's only beatboxing. As for alcohol, Pam seems to be the only one other than Malory who is able to drink head-to-head with Archer and possibly even surpass him; in Crossing Over, Archer finally gets drunk enough to have sex with Pam. From mixed drinks like Green Russians and Margaritas to hard alcohol like Schützenmeister and moonshine, Pam truly possesses an exceptionally high tolerance for a variety of booze.
Employment at ISISEdit
Pam is generally not a good human resources director: she gossips around the office, drinks on the job, constantly tries to sleep with co-workers, exposes co-workers' health issues in appalling videos on her website and keeps several dolls around for, in her words, a sexual harassment victim to nonverbally indicate where they were molested in the event of an office gang-rape (said with her fingers crossed). Despite being seen as unattractive by many of her co-workers, she has had (not always entirely consensual) sexual and/or sexual contact with five members of ISIS. In "Dial M for Mother," she guilted Lana Kane into having sex with her on the condition that Lana be allowed to pretend Pam was Alex Karras. In "Swiss Miss," she was involved in a three-way with Conrad Schlotz and Malory Archer. Sterling Archer himself has declared Pam to be the best sex he's ever had. She has had sexual encounters with Cyril Figgis at least twice (once while he was unconscious).
On her back, Pam has tattoos of 13 tally marks (most likely referring to the number of people she killed in underground fight clubs she took part in to pay for college, in reference to "12 jurors 1 judge," indicating time in prison) and an excerpt from the poem "The Destruction of Sennacherib" by Lord Byron:
- "For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed: And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
Pam grew up near Green Bay, Wisconsin. Her father is still alive, possibly still residing at Poovey Farms. Pam made a model farm out of marzipan and graham crackers for his birthday in "Stage Two", although as he had diabetes, it was probably in poor taste. Her mother is dead, likely of Lou Gehrig's disease, mentioned in "Movie Star". In "Sea Tunt: Part II", Pam mentioned one sibling, a sister named Edie Poovey. Pam is an aunt to a child of Edie's; she mentions that Edie couldn't have the baby in the house and had to have it in the barn (Arrivals/Departures).
- Sterling Archer - She briefly had a friends-with-benefits arrangement with Archer. In Archer Vice: Southbound and Down, Archer promised to sleep with her once again but it is unknown if he went through with it later.
- Lana Kane- In Season 1, a frustrated Lana had pity sex with her, claiming Lana would pretend that Pam was Alex Karras throughout.
- Malory Archer - An intoxicated Malory had sex with Pam by way of a threesome with Conrad Schlotz; upon sobering up, Malory threatened to kill Pam if she ever told anybody. She didn't go through with her threat after Pam revealed it to Lana and Cheryl.
- Doctor Krieger
- Conrad Schlotz - Conrad pursued Pam throughout their meeting and she ended up having a threesome with Conrad Schlotz him and Malory though the latter threatened to kill Pam if she ever told anybody.
- Cyril Figgis - In Blood Test, Pam sexually assaulted Cyril while he was passed out. Later when both were blackout drunk in Heart of Archness: Part III, depicted implicitly)
- An unnamed guy with a roommate- She mentions the encounter to Cheryl Tunt in (El Secuestro).
- The gang members in Jeu Monégasque - Cyril referred to Pam "handing out blowjobs like puffy stickers".
- Three members of the Yakuza.
- A Colombian girl named Karen Recalde.
After the events at the end of season 7, seasons 8 and 9 see Pam take the form of a dream persona:
- Frequently drops the MOAB.
- Candi McElhannon served as the model for Pam.
- Pam is allergic to soy.
- Pam is constantly mocked for her weight, although she is rarely affected by such treatment.
- She is openly bisexual.
- Pam constantly spreads gossip around the office with no apparent sense of self-censorship, even spreading gossip on very dark subjects such as breast cancer diagnoses. Attempts to attain information are often coerced out of Pam when the rest of ISIS attempts to keep quiet.
- Leaves frequent Pam Graffiti around not only the ISIS office but also in various places in the city.
- She paid for college by participating in an underground fighting ring, and agreed to join Algernop Krieger's "Bum Shock Fights" by adapting a pair of shock gloves, which she referred to as "game changers."
- In Dial M for Mother, Pam demonstrates impossible agility around 9:55 into the episode by moving from the Isis Laundromat to Cyril Figgis's office in less than ten seconds during Lana Kane's revenge announcement in Cyril Figgis's Office.
- Two of her favourite drinks are Green Russians and Schützenmeister.
- She can consume massive amounts of alcohol.
- Her favourite munchies are bear claws.
- Rasta Pam makes her only appearance in "A Going Concern" where she bigsup Jamaican culture and chain smokes joints.
- She has $42,424 in her ISIS 401(k) - "Jeu Monégasque"
- Her driver's license lists her address as "15 Evergreen Drive, Queens, NY 11428" - but this is not a real address, although 11428 is the zip code of Queens Village, which is a neighbourhood in Queens.
- Her personal best for stuffing pool balls in the mouth is four - "Tragical History", although this resulted in the tragic consequence when "some a-hole" slapped her on the back in a bar, causing her to swallow and later pass them.
- Pam was a recurring character in season 1 but got upgraded to main character in season 2.
- In season 3, Pam became a highly-accomplished drift car racer known as "Shiro Kabocha (白カボチャ)", which she believed translated into "The White Shadow" until to her aggravation, she learned it actually meant "White Pumpkin."
- In season 3, she became sexual friends with benefits with Archer, who tricks her into being a stowaway on the spaceship in the "Space Race" story arc. As of season 4, this seems to have ended.
- She has a Siamese fighting fish named Germaine and has racked up $14,000 in debts from betting on fish fights. Thuy is her translator in the underground fish fights.
- Pam has a history of drug use. In the first several seasons she can be seen smoking cannabis. In Archer Vice she becomes addicted to cocaine, simply eating it by the kilo. By the end of the season, she was beginning to suffer from severe cocaine withdrawal, though by the start of season 6 she seems to have overcome it.
- In Archer Vice (season 5), Pam is seen to have lost a considerable amount of weight due to her cocaine addiction, though she rapidly gained all the lost weight back by season 6, likely due to her having overcome her addiction.
- In Papal Chase (season 4), Archer reveals that Pam is a Lutheran during the car chase, to which the Pope points out "Luther had some valid complaints".
- Pam has a flatulence problem and is heard to break wind frequently, usually while hung over.
- She once knocked out Archer in a bathroom, almost strangled Cheryl Tunt to death, beaten Algernop Krieger, Ray Gillette, and Cyril Figgis in a training exercise, and once may have beaten up Malory Archer.
- In the season 6 episode, "Pocket Listing", Pam finds out she is Archer’s best friend. We then find out she has two best friends, Cheryl Tunt and Sterling Archer.
- "On my tits."
- "Holy shit snacks!" (Pam’s catchphrase)
- "Damn, dog! That's Inappropes!"
- "Bear claws! Num num num num num!"
- "You better just kill me."
- "Come at me, bro!"
- "Bring it!"
- "40 oz. in my lap and it's freezin' my junk."
- "Maybe you can shut your dick holster."
- "Who taught you how to punch? Your husband?"
- "Yeah! And unlike your dusty vagine, it's not gonna stay empty."
- "Sorry about your homie... homies!"
- "Aw, man! I just totally lost face!"
- "You're so hot for him, I could re-heat this chilli in your cooch." (on the torch Lana carries for Archer, in Heart of Archness: Part I)
- "Dicknuts!" (To Sterling Archer)
- "I swear to God you could drown a toddler in my panties right now"
- "Houdini died of AIDS"
- "No shit!"
- "Punk ass bitches"
- "Cyril, hey you awake? Cause this is about to get weird"
- "This a Forty, shorty."
- "And, that being said, I am open to blowjobs for money. I only got eight bucks on me, but…"
- "Swedish meatballs!"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 83 images of Pam Poovey on this Wiki, visit the Pam Poovey gallery to view all the images and screenshots.
Here is a sample of eight images from the gallery: