- The events take place in a different timeline (B) to the events in the 'real world' (A). Whilst being related to (A), the events in (B) have no impact on it.
Characters and / or PersonasEdit
- All of the main characters from the Archer Universe, as well as a handful of minor characters/extras, have been rendered into Archer's subconscious with their own dream personas;
- Each dream persona (with the exception of Crackers and Pam) broadly maintains similarity in appearance with their real world counterparts, but their character and relationships to each other have changed;
- There is both a degree of continuity and discontinuity between 'real world' and Archer's subconscious: how he sees - and therefore we see - himself, the other personas and their relationships, are as a dream, loosely based on reality;
- In Season 8, the dream personas act out events in a film-noir inspired dream state called "Dreamland".
- In Season 9, events take place in a serial adventure-inspired South Pacific island called "Danger Island".
- Each dream persona is worthy of it's own separate wiki page.
- Role: Private Investigator (protangonist)
- Appearance: Daper; wears a trilby, waist coat and long overcoat
- Character: Hopeless romantic, fiercely loyal, valiant, noble, despises misogyny (dislike of, contempt for or ingrained prejudice against women)
- Relationships / Affiliations: Woodhouse's partner at Woodhouse and Archer
- Role: Dreamland (Nightclub) owner and mobster
- Appearance: Glamorous and handsome
- Character: Manipulative, dominant, mysterious and threatening
- Relationships / Affiliations: Employer of Zirk, The House Band, Krieger, offers a job to Archer
- Role: Singer at the 'Dreamland' jazz club
- Appearance: Glamorous, sophisticated, classy
- Character: Femme fatale, gold-digger / undercover agent
- Relationships / Affiliations: Works for Mother, and the IRS
- Role: Heiress to the Vandertunt publishing fortune
- Appearance: Incredibly svelte, mysterious, (at the beginning), then gets more disheveled
- Character: Crazy, ignorant, feckless
- Relationships / Affiliations: sleeps with Archer, kidnapped by Mother
- Role: L.A.P.D Sergeant
- Appearance: Short hair, stocky build, wears a trilby, waist coat and long overcoat
- Character: Jocular, good-natured, manly role
- Relationships / Affiliations: subordinate to Detective Sergeant Figgis
- Role: Detective Sergeant
- Appearance: Round glasses, greying above ears; wears a trilby, waist coat and long over coat
- Character: Corrupt cop
- Relationships / Affiliations: Working with Len Trexler (Dreamland)
- Role: Trumpet player in the Dreamland House Band
- Appearance: White tuxedo
- Character: Loud mouthed marijuana enthusiast, always getting the band busted
- Relationships / Affiliations: The House Band, Mother
- Role: Bar Tender / Dope dealer / Mad scientist
- Appearance: Full beard, 1940s barman
- Character: Shifty, sexually ambiguous, secret operator
- Relationships / Affiliations: Works for Mother, deals heroin to Woodhouse, employed by Trexler.
- Role: Private Investigator (former)
- Appearance: Deceased
- Character: Junkie (lfew details)
- Affiliations: Archer's partner at Woodhouse and Archer
- Len Trexler (Dreamland) - the biggest mobster in L.A
- 'Dutch' Dylan - Len's enforcer (although in every episode so not 'minor')
- Dreamland House Band - the band in Mother's club
- Cecil Vandertunt - Charlotte's brother
- Trinette McGoon (Dreamland) - a sassy prostitute
- Berenice - an ex-maid
Word of GodEdit
According to writer Adam Reed:
- "No matter where they are or what new accent they have... it's all about how Archer is perceiving them."
Their in-dream characters are the result of:
- "Trying to crystallize and amplify all the other characters, as seen by Archer."
Pam and Archer are paired up is because the inspirations featured a guy who:
- "always had a sidekick...it just seemed natural..."
- "he and Pam are like the only two who can stand each other."
Reed's hope for the characters is that:
- "even though it’s a new setting and new roles for these characters, [that] people will become as invested in that season’s storyline as they were in previous seasons."
- Role: Pilot (Archer Airways)*
- Appearance: Eye patch on left eye, leather flying jacket and hat, dishevelled
- Character: Drunk, womaniser
- Relationships / Affiliations: Son of Malory
- Role: Hotelier at Hotel Lotus* / (major stake-holder of Archer Airways)*
- Appearance: Tropical attire, wavey hair, silver fox
- Character: Manipulative, morally ambiguous, always looking to make money
- Relationships / Affiliations: Mother of Archer
- Role: Princess of Mitimotu.
- Appearance: Majestic, tall, exotic
- Character: Superior, fierce, independent
- Relationships / Affiliations: Associates with Fuchs
- Role: Vagrant (New York Socialite)
- Appearance: Ranges from dishevelled to immaculate
- Character: Useless, shrieky, kinky, corruptible
- Relationships / Affiliations: Married to Whitney Stratton IV, courtesan of Malory's
- Role: Co-pilot (Archer Airways)*
- Appearance: Bulky, butch, ex-military
- Character: Helpful, sturdy, loyal
- Relationships / Affiliations: Works with Sterling (Danger Island)
- Role: Bread fruit plantation prospector / Idol seeker / Nazi
- Appearance: White linen suit, panama hat, glasses
- Character: Nervous, clipped, secretive, cowardly, limp, rude
- Relationships / Affiliations: Associate and schtupper of the Princess
- Role: Police Captain (Gendarmes)
- Appearance: Khaki uniform, with hat and cane; moustache
- Character: Corrupt official, melodramatic
- Relationships / Affiliations: Partners in crime with Malory
- Role: Archer's sidekick
- Appearance: Transformed into a Scarlet macaw
- Character: Talkative, smart ass, likes to crack wise
- Relationships / Affiliations: Buddy to Archer
- Whitney Stratton IV - Charlotte's husband
- Manu - the hotel porter
- Doudou - the capitaines sidekick (spelling uncertain)
- Luigi - restaurant owner
- Ziegler - German flying ace and Archer's nemesis
- Noah - Anthropologist
- ??? - King ?
- ??? - Queen ?
Concise List (plus redirects)Edit
Character / (Role)
- Main page / Redirects
Cheryl (New York Socialite / Vagrant)
Krieger (Sidekick/ Macaw)
Malory (Hotel and Airline Owner)
Ray (Police Chief)