|Original Air Date||April 21, 2011|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Animation Directed by||Bryan Fordney|
|U.S. Viewership (Millions)||1.006 |
|Next||Heart of Archness: Part I|
Algernop Krieger works to finish a top-secret project, and Sterling Archer brings a mysterious former KGB agent named Katya Kazanova home to meet Malory Archer, unaware that Barry Dylan is on his way to kill him. This episode is part two of the two-part season finale, which introduces Katya to the cast.
Suspicion and jealousy arise at ISIS as Dr. Algernop Krieger works to finish a top-secret project, and Sterling Archer brings a mysterious former KGB agent named Katya Kazanova home to meet his mother. Meanwhile, the KGB takes Barry Dylan as a guinea pig and turns him into a cyborg.
- Starring :
- Guest Starring :
- Co-Starring :
- Lenin and Nikita Khrushchev: portraits of them hang on the wall behind Nikolai Jakov and Boris as they walk down the hall after their meeting with the Party bosses.
- The Six Million Dollar Man: Barry Dylan's injury and resurrection as a cyborg is a reference to this show, and it’s opening sequence.
- Awkward Hello
- Pool Ball Challenge
- Pam Dropping A Deuce
- Terrible Aim - lampshaded by Archer (again).
- 934TXS: When Barry Dylan’s bionic cybernetic information is displayed, under Fuel Capacity the screen displays "934TXS ENCRYPTED".
- The events of this episode follow directly from the events in the previous episode in Russia, with Katya returning to America with Archer for their short-lived romance.
- While Katya Kazanova is chatting up Dr. Algernop Krieger, a chart can be seen behind him, linking Cheryl Tunt to microwave, sex bot, a question mark, and "Climax?" along with the molecules for LSD-25 and ascorbic acid. On the wall by the door is Archer’s chest X-rays showing his chemotherapy port.
- The bathroom floor around Pam Poovey indicates that she had been using olive oil to assist with her pool ball situation.
- Cheryl Tunt copies Katya Kazanova's hairstyle at Archer's wedding - but she thinks it makes her look like a whore.
- The profile of Katya Kazanova reveals many things about her. Her behavioral ticks include licking lips, curling hair, and eye fluttering. Her personal interests include sharp-shooting, advanced survival training, and snow mobile racing. She is listed as 27 years old, 5'9", 108 lbs, with green eyes and blond hair.
- After Nikolai Jakov reveals that Katya Kazanova has seen the Party Chairman involved in a gay orgy, Boris says "More like Lemon Party chairman." This is a reference to an infamous shock website that showed a picture of a gay threesome between three very old men. You can try to find it on the Internet, but remember what has been seen cannot be unseen.
- During the episode, Ray Gillette comments on the irony of being legally licensed to conduct marriages for opposite-sex couples in New York State, yet unable to get married to another man. This episode aired on April 21, 2011; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a bill legalizing same-sex marriage in New York State 64 days later, on June 24, 2011. (The bill took effect on July 24, thirty days after being signed.)
- When Barry Dylan arrives at the airport, under the alias, "Sy Berg" (Cyborg), an Israeli passport is shown. Among all the various stamps, like Saudi Arabia (where Israeli citizens are prohibited to travel), are letters of the Hebrew alphabet, in order, repeating over and over.
- When Barry Dylan’s bionic cybernetic information is displayed, under "CORE REQUIREMENT:" "Maximum" is misspelled as "Maxium."
- Malory: "What in the name of pre-paid venereal disease do you think you are doing?!"
- Katya: "Darling, I know she is old, but you allow such talk from your secretary?"
- Malory: "His what?"
- Archer: "She's not my...no...Katya, this is actually my mother"
- Katya: "бог мой!" (Bog Moy/My God)
- Archer: "Mother, this is Katya Kasanova. She saved my life in Moscow, she's former KGB, she wants to defect and become an ISIS agent, and she's..."
- Katya: "Mortified! I beg your forgiveness."
- Malory: "I'm sure you do. And don't you want to freshen up after your long ride?"
- Katya: "Uh!"
- Archer: "Phrasing mother!"
- Pam: "This deuce ain't gonna drop itself!"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"
- Person 2: "Quote Here"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 25 screenshots and images from "Double Trouble" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.
- "Double Trouble" on IMDB