"Crackers is the audacious scarlet macaw who is Archer’s other sidekick. Quick with important facts or a wise-ass remark, Crackers is sure to ruffle the feathers of those who meet him. He’s just a parrot, who can talk, don’t make a big deal out of it."
Crackers is a speaking bird, he is specifically a Scarlet macaw, and macaws are members of the parrot family.
- He can be seen wearing miniature hats and clothes while participating in Archer and Pam’s schemes, like a chef's hat and apron or a tiny pilot’s cap.
- Speaks/talks (as opposed to mere mimicry).
- Dislikes crows (and other birds generally).
- Dances (reacts to music).
- Drinks alcohol.
- Wise crackin' smart ass.
CallbacksEditCrackers is callback to the dishevelled scarlet macaw Archer encounters in Heart of Archness: Pt II. Crackers is more vocal, however, and his plumage is in better condition than his real world precursor. Both are not native to their location: the natural habitat of the scarlet macaw is South America, ranging from Mexico to Brazil
- Mites He is riddled with them, apparently.
- Other Birds Namely crows (as the crow flies), geese (other birds have bumps) and ducks are disliked.
- He appears to dislike idioms which mention other birds. This makes him racist / birdist. He is a politically correct identity-politicking bird. Or maybe he is just pining for parrot-based idioms? (The sense God gave geese/ducks is another parrot-free idiom).
- Shut up bird! Others tell him to all the time, mainly because he doesn't do it.
Provider of non-sequiturs (shipping lane), obscure references (Hendrik Hondius), and lame puns ("the pits"), Crackers is 1930s comic relief in avian form.
- Pirates in popular culture: there are too many references to list them all, but it is a well known cliche that pirates are often depicted with parrots.
- Crackers: "actually technically I'm a ma-caw which is actually a type of parrot so I, I'm technically a parrot actually but I mean technically I'm..."
- Pam: "rambling?"
- Crackers: "I almost died woman!"
- Pam: "I know, here [slides drink over] get some of this down ya"
- Crackers: "I mean..." [glugs down drink]
- Archer: "Hey crackers, crackers come 'ere buddy. Ok, so listen..."
- Crackers: "Yeah, not great huh?"
- Archer: "No, no, not great" I'm gonna do the best I can but we're gonna hit the water pretty hard, probably even flip over"
- Crackers: "uhm-huh"
- Archer: "There's a bunch of life jackets in the storage locker so i want you to get in there an hunker down - ok buddy? Hopefully that'll cushion the impact"
- Crackers: [staring in to space] "Oh! you're talking to me?!"
- Archer: "Who else would I be talking to...? Oh"
- Crackers: "Yeeeaahhh"
- Archer: "You can fly"
- Crackers: "Yeaaah"
- Archer: "So-ho you're out of here?"
- Crackers: "Is that weird?"
- Archer: "I mean..."
- Crackers: "Yeah obviously it's weird if you make it weird…"
- Archer: "Ok you know what?"
- [Archer attacks Crackers]
- Crackers: [squawks] "Asssshole!"
- Pam: Happy?
- Crackers: Happy that you drink barbecue sauce?
- Pam: It's basically V8.
- Crackers: It's brown sugar and ketchup!
- Crackers: "Yeah, try not to thrash around. It makes you sink faster"
- Pam: "How would you know?"
- Crackers: "Cowboy movies"
- Archer: "Why would the map have pirate shit all over it?"
- Crackers: "Well we are in the shipping lane"
Gallery of ImagesEdit