|Bort the Garj|
|Season No.||Season 10|
|Original Air Date||May 29, 2019|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
Archer and the crew of the Seamus wake up to the smell of shepherd's pie and see a business opportunity in their new guest.
The episode begins with Mother waking Archer from his space pod as they had received a distress signal from nearby. Ever the opportunist, Mother and Archer decide to scavenge the wreckage in hopes that space pirates had left some goods behind. They space jump to the location and attempt to dock the ship. A turbulent docking wakes the rest of the crew members who object to the pair’s dangerous plan. As they are arguing a green ooze penetrates the gates of the ship developing into a green blob. The alien runs deep into the ship. Terrified of an unknown threat.
(Pirates, Money, Captured)
- Starring (Edit)
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer / Archer MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt / Cheryl MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey / Pam MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis / Cyril MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger / Krieger MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer / Malory MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Guest Starring:
- Co Starring:
- Futurama (1999)- In the beginning of the episode, Barry-6 calls Archer "meatbag." This was a commonly used derogatory term used by Bender the Robot in the animated series Futurama on his friend Philip J. Fry and occasionally on other humans too. According to a Google search of which robot as the first to refer to organic lifeforms as meatbags, Bender did so in the pilot episode of the series.
As stated in the script: Bender- "Bite my shiny metal ass." [Fry looks around at the robot's behind.] Fry- "It doesn't look so shiny to me." Bender- "Shinier than yours meatbag!"
- Three Laws of Robotics - Isaac Asimov: Krieger mentions these.
- I, Robot: The comic book they first appear in, as referenced by Archer
- Alien franchise
- Xenomorph - the name for, literally, an "alien form" / Pulse rifles
- Ghostbusters (1984) / Slimer: Bort resembles Slimer, as Carol implies.
- Pinocchio (book: 1883; film: 1940) - Krieger wishes to be a real boy
- The Three Stooges (1922-70): why I oughta!
- Ray's courtesan role is a reference to Inara in Firefly.
- Did somebody say pants? Catchphrase in a sitcom?
Running Gags / CallbacksEdit
- Nice Things Ray
- Noooope Lana
- Slappy hands Archer
- Suppppresssing fire! Cyril
- Get some! Pam
- Phrasing (or space phrasing) Pam
- Shut up Lana
- 934TXS - On the patch on Archer's uniform.
- Duhoy - a callback to Frisky Dingo - Valerie says this. Carol says it twice.
- Reality (Non-Dream): Archer remains in a coma brought upon by the events of Deadly Velvet: Part II (s7e10).
- Dream / Reality Crossover:
- (Dream) The crew insignia for the MV Seamus features the face of Babou. / (Reality) Babou is Cheryl Tunt's pet ocelot which first appeared in "El Secuestro".
- (Dream) Barry 6 is a full on robot and Archer's nemesis / Barry Dylan is a cyborg and Archer's real life nemesis (Reality)
- (Dream) Carol (MVS) reads from a sci-fi comic "Robots Amok!", the front cover of which features a robot about to choke a damsel in distress / Cheryl Tunt is turned on by choke sex, and Krieger built her a robot hand called "Chokebot" in Dial "M" for Mother. (Reality)
- (Dream) ... / ... (Reality)
- Dream (Non-Reality):
- The MV Seamus is currently in the Altair Vega region of space.
- The date is 28/6/99.
- The co-ordinates are 19,50 42.8805 08,52 -8.5446
- The destination is Earth.
- Glengoolie Blue
- tba [extra details, fictional product placement, joke techniques, themes ideas will eventually link to another set of pages]
- (Archer and Lana fighting)
- Krieger: "Guys, come on, we've been over and over and over this. The laws of robotics..."
- Archer (interrupting): "It's made-up shit from a comic book"
- (Krieger, horrified gasping)
- Archer: "Sorry"
- Cheryl: "Don't be, it had to be said"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"
- Person 2: "Quote Here"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"