|Bort the Garj|
|Season No.||Season 10|
|Original Air Date||May 29, 2019|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
Archer and the crew of the Seamus wake up to the smell of shepherd's pie and see a business opportunity in their new guest.
The episode begins with Mother waking Archer from his space pod as they had received a distress signal from nearby. Ever the opportunist, Mother and Archer decide to scavenge the wreckage in hopes that space pirates had left some goods behind. They space jump to the location and attempt to dock the ship. A turbulent docking wakes the rest of the crew members who object to the pair’s dangerous plan. As they are arguing a green ooze penetrates the gates of the ship developing into a green blob. The alien runs deep into the ship. Terrified of an unknown threat.
(Pirates, Money, Captured)
- Starring (Edit)
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer / Archer MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt / Cheryl MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey / Pam MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis / Cyril MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger / Krieger MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer / Malory MVS (Dream Persona) (9/9 episodes)
- Guest Starring:
- Futurama (1999-2013): In the beginning of the episode, Barry-6 refers to Archer as a "meatbag." This may or may not have been a reference to Futurama who used classic Sci-Fi trope in a similar context.
- Three Laws of Robotics - Isaac Asimov: Krieger mentions these.
- I, Robot: The comic book they first appear in, as referenced by Archer.
- Alien franchise
- Xenomorph - the name for, literally, an "alien form" / Pulse rifles
- Archer refers to what seems like a holographic AI with the voice and occasionally the form of Mrs. Archer, as "mother". This bears similarities to how the crew of the Nostromo talks and refers to the onboard AI mainframe MU-TH-UR 6000.
- The last scene of the final episode of Series 9 directly precedes the first scene of this episode and the entire sequence is a fairly obvious reference to the opening of the first Alien movie.
- Ghostbusters (1984) / Slimer: Bort resembles Slimer, as Carol implies.
- Pinocchio (book: 1883; film: 1940) - Krieger wishes to be a real boy
- The Three Stooges (1922-70): The well known catchphrase "why I oughta!" is used.
- Firefly (2002): Ray's courtesan role is a reference to Inara.
- Halo franchise
- Malory is seen as a floating sprite who interfaces with other comm systems which is a reference to Cortana from this franchise, although not the first appearance of such a character in Sci-Fi tropes. Her floating form appears to be reminiscent of the Siri imagery from Apple.
- The beginning of this episode shows Archer awoken from cryosleep by Mrs. Archer in an unknown location in space due to a distress beacon. This is similar to the opening sequence of Halo 4 where Master Chief is awoken from cryosleep by Cortana onboard the Forward Unto Dawn due to a proximity alarm.
Running Gags / CallbacksEdit
- Nice Things Ray
- Noooope Lana
- Slappy hands Archer
- Suppppresssing fire! Cyril
- Get some! Pam
- Phrasing (in the form of "space phrasing") Pam
- Shut up! Lana
- 934TXS - On the patch on Archer's uniform.
- Duhoy (a callback to Frisky Dingo - where Valerie says this.) Carol, twice.
- Reality (Non-Dream): Archer remains in a coma brought upon by the events of Deadly Velvet: Part II (s7e10).
- Dream / Reality Crossover:
- (Dream) The crew insignia for the MV Seamus features the face of Babou. / (Reality) Babou is Cheryl Tunt's pet ocelot which first appeared in "El Secuestro".
- (Dream) Barry 6 is a full on robot and Archer's nemesis / Barry Dylan is a cyborg and Archer's real life nemesis (Reality)
- (Dream) Carol (MVS) reads from a sci-fi comic "Robots Amok!", the front cover of which features a robot about to choke a damsel in distress / Cheryl Tunt is turned on by choke sex, and Krieger built her a robot hand called "Chokebot" in Dial "M" for Mother. (Reality)
- (Dream) ... / ... (Reality)
- Dream (Non-Reality):
- The MV Seamus is currently in the Altair Vega region of space.
- The date is 28/6/99.
- The co-ordinates are 19,50 42.8805 08,52 -8.5446
- The destination is Earth.
- Glengoolie Blue
- tba [extra details, fictional product placement, joke techniques, themes ideas will eventually link to another set of pages]
- (Archer and Lana fighting)
- Krieger: "Guys, come on, we've been over and over and over this. The laws of robotics..."
- Archer (interrupting): "It's made-up shit from a comic book"
- (Krieger, horrified gasping)
- Archer: "Sorry"
- Cheryl: "Don't be, it had to be said"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"
- Person 2: "Quote Here"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"