He appears as a trenchcoat-wearing henchman, before being transformed into a denim-clad cyborg (legs and arms only) which he acquires from a biker. Oh, and a floppy hat.
- Likes dissolving people in acid
Dutch is a hired killer / enforcer for Len Trexler who, in
- No Good Deed (s8e1), has his feet are crushed by Archer;
- Berenice (s8e2), contacts Krieger about getting himself fixed;
- Jane Doe (s8e3), is wheeled out of hospital by Krieger;
- Ladyfingers (s8e4), is turned into a cyborg by Krieger;
- Sleeper's Wake (s8e5), escapes from Krieger's lab and finds clothes/boots/motorcycle;
- Waxing Gibbous (s8e6), kills Trexler's gang;
- Gramercy, Halberd! (s8e7), attempts to kill Archer's gang;
- Auflösung (s8e8), tries to kill Archer's gang again before being killed by Krieger's RoboDogs / Cyberhounds.
*spoiler alert* Dutch is Woodhouse's killer (for whom Archer is looking all along). If Archer hadn't run over Dutch's legs - an act which lead to him being turned into a cyborg bent on revenge - then Archer may never have discovered Woodhouse's killer.*spoiler alert*
- Archer's Nemesis
- Catchphrase: "Later"
- Terminator 2 (1991): motorbike / biker bar scene is pastiched.
- The Wild One (1951): Marlon Brando's clothing is pastiched.
- Last Supper: parody of this famous scene, with Trexler in Christ's position, and his goons dead to each side.
- Dexter (2006-13) / Hannibal (2013-15):
- Tableau: the grotesque positioning of dead bodies is a Tableau morts, rather than vivants.
- Scooby-Doo (1969-onwards): Dutch repeatedly refers to the main characters as 'gang', in reference to the Scooby Doo Gang who solve mysteries. A knowing parody of itself given that the scene in Gramercy, Halberd! (s8e7) is the villain's reveal as a robot.
- creates a tableau of corpses which is a parody of the Last Supper, and is reminiscent of the Poetic Serial Killer (ie. Dexter, or Hannibal)
- commits evil and violent acts for revenge against Archer (for running over his feet) and Trexler (for having him turned into a cyborg).
- turns out to have been Woodhouse's killer, but he only did it to "see his lights go out it
- this list is by no means exhaustive. More evil tropes here
- Dutch: "You know the definition of insanity?"
- Trexler: "You - you're the definition! YOU!"
- Dutch: "Ah, that was rhetorical, shitheel"
- Dutch: "The definition of insanity is..."
- Figgis: "Suppressing fire!!!"
- Trinette: "What, d'ya eat a bunch of magnets?!"
- Poovey: "Seriously..."
- Dutch: "...doing the same thing over and expecting a different result"
- Figgis: "Ahhhhh!!" [runs away]
Gallery of ImagesEdit